The intention of our approach is restoration of our client's:
Our first session is always specific with an agenda, where we cover the basics, define scope and introduce specific lingo.
The sessions after the first one are like this:
1. Welcome / small talk
2. Ask client what they would like to focus on. Invite client to poke around to see if there is something deeper beneath it.
3. Introduce a flow that matches the energy of client, the day, the farm, the horses, the time.
4. Ask client if that sounds like something they would like to try.
5. Go with the flow. Some flows are horse assisted, some are not. If they are not, we first invite the client to go see the horses for meet and greet, and ask the client ‘how was that for you?’. We do this to help the client ground. If something bubbles up already, we process it, then invite the client to move on to the flow without the horses.
6. After the flow without horses, we return to visit the horses again, inviting the client to reflect on before and after the flow, to build awareness of potential shifts and verify if the client feels the shifts are beneficial or not.
7. If the client only wants flows with horses, we stay with the horse and offer the client a series of flows that could help the client with what they would like to focus on. They can pick one, or reject them all and we’ll come up with something else together, or, and this happens a lot, the horses are already doing something that is stirring the awareness in the client, which allows us to help the client gain a deeper understanding of both the issue and the solution.
8. Ask the client ‘Would you like to be done with that?’ to signal the end of the session and to offer space for the client to decide if the work is done.
9. Small light hearted talk while we walk them back to the car.
There are many ways of doing this work. This is what has worked for us for the past decade. It offers the client a lot of freedom to free-flow and make their own decisions, which is the intention at the heart of our method.
M-T: 10am - 3pm
+ 1 864.906.7576
"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." - Dolly Parton